Who we are
We are the Beechen Grove Baptist Church (‘BG’, ‘we’, ‘us’), a charitable incorporated organisation registered in England under charity number 1070890. Our contact details are:
Address: Clarendon Road – Watford – WD17 1JJ
Our website address is https://www.bgbaptist.org.uk
Purpose of processing
What is personal data?
We collect information in a variety of ways, including personal data.
As described in this “personal data” Policy as defined in the general European Union data protection regulation, it includes any information, which combined with more data, whether or not we collect information about you identifies you as an individual, including for example your name, postal code, email and phone.”
Why do we need this personal information?
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal data to provide you with access to the site.
This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You retain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. If you do not agree to the use of your personal data in accordance with this Policy, please do not use our website.
What kind of information we collect
We collect information in the following ways: Information you give us. It includes:
- The personal data you provide when you register to use our website, including your name, email, phone number, your address, username, password and other information;
- Personal data that may be contained in any comment or other publication on our website;
- The personal data you provide in our affiliate program or in other promotions that we run on our website;
- The personal data you provide when reporting a problem on our website or when you need assistance;
- The personal data that you provide when making purchases or payments on the third-party website through a link within our website;
- The personal data you provide when you contact us by email or otherwise on our social networks.
- When you access Whatsapp, Facebook, or our social media groups through our website.
We automatically record information about you and your computer, or mobile device when you access our website.
For example, when visiting our website, we register the name and version of your computer, or mobile device, the manufacturer and model, the type of browser, the language of the browser, the screen resolution, the website visited before entering on our website, the pages viewed and how long you have been on a page, access times and information about your use and actions on our website.
We collect information about you using cookies to improve your experience within our website.
Some transactions between you and the website may involve credit cards, debit cards, money orders, and / or third-party payment services.
In these transactions, we collect and save information related to them as part of the business we do with you, including your address, phone number and other related information. WE DO NOT COLLECT OR HOLD OR ACCESS ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CREDIT CARD.
What are cookies?
To obtain the information and provide you with better usability on our website, we may collect information from you using ‘cookies’. Cookies are small data files stored on your computer’s hard drive, or mobile device in your browser.
We may use both cookies (which expire after you close your browser) and cookies without an expiration date (which remain on your computer, or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our website.
We use two types of cookies: Firstly, cookies inserted by us on your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize when you return to our website; and third-party cookies that are for services provided by third-parties on our website, and that can be used to recognize when your computer, or mobile device visits our and other websites.
Cookies we use
Our website uses the following cookies described below:
|Type of cookies||Purposes|
|Essential||cookies These cookies are necessary to provide the services available on our website, so that you can use some of its features. For example, they may allow you to log in to the member area, or to upload content from our website quickly. Without these cookies, many of the services available on our website may not work properly, and we only use these cookies to provide you with good service.|
|Function cookies||This cookie allows you to remember the choices you have already made on our website, such as language, login details, as well as other choices you have made that can be customized by you. The purpose of these cookies is to remember all the choices you made in order to create a more personalized experience without having to re-enter your data on our website.|
|Analysis and performance||These cookies are used to collect information about the traffic on our website and how users use and navigate the website. The information collected does not identify any user in particular. It includes the number of visitors to our website, the websites that indicate our website, the pages that users visit, the possible websites that they have previously visited and other similar information. We use this information to improve and monitor the activity of our website. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve the way our website works.|
You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
Learn more about how Google protects your data here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
You can avoid using this Google Analytics cookie in your browser by installing an extension in google chrome, you can download this extension here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
|Advertising||cookies These cookies analyze how you browse so that we can show you ads that are likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information from your browsing history that with your permission to show you relevant third-party ads, based on your interests. You can disable cookies that keep your browsing history by visiting the website https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices .|
If you choose to remove this type of cookies, you will see the same ads, but they will not be relevant according to your interests.
|Social network||cookies These cookies are used when you share information on social networks, or in some way have access to our content through social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc.|
You can remove, or reject cookies through your browser settings. To do this we recommend that you follow your browser’s instructions (you can usually find this information in your browser’s “settings” in “help”, or “tools”).
Most browsers automatically accept cookies until you change their settings. If you do not accept our cookies, your experience on our site will not be as pleasant. For example, we may not recognize your computer or mobile device and you may have to log in each time you enter our website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may use third-parties to display advertisements when you visit our website. These companies will be able to collect information such as type of browser, time and day, type of ad was clicked, on this and other websites in order to show the most relevant ads to you.
These companies normally use their system to collect this data, which is subject to their privacy policies. One example is Google Ads, which shows you ads relevant to your latest searches.
Our website does not collect or control the ads and content you see;
To learn more about Google’s privacy policies and its DART cookies to generate interest-based advertising, go to https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal data as follows:
- to maintain and improve our website, products and services;
- to manage your account, including communications that we have regarding your account, if you have an account on our website:
- to operate and administer our affiliate program, services and other promotions that you may participate on our website;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide support
- to send information, including technical information, updates, security alerts and support;
- with your consent, we do email marketing about promotions, and other news, including information about offers, the latest posts, or services offered by us, or by our affiliates. You can stop receiving this information at any time, in all our emails you always have an option to unsubscribe. Even if you leave our list, we can send emails that are not related to marketing, they include emails about any account you have with us (if you have one), or business you have with us;
- to process payments that you have made on our website;
- when we find it necessary and appropriate (a) to comply with the law (b) to comply with requests and legal process, including requests from public and government authorities; (c) to comply with our Policy; and (d) to protect the rights, privacy, security, yours and others. • to analyze and study services;
- as described below in “Sharing your personal data”.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data in the following ways:
- To third-parties designated by you. We may share your data with third-parties to whom you have given your consent, such as your guardians or recipients of messages.
- Services provided by third-parties. We may share your personal data with third-parties who perform certain services such as (payment processing, data analysis, customer support, sending email marketing and other similar services).
As a general rule, we do not provide your information to third-parties without your consent. However, there are some important exceptions to this rule described in the following paragraphs:
– We may, at our discretion, provide your information to law enforcement or any government agents, in the case of fraud, intellectual property infringement investigations, or any other suspicions of illegal activity or matters that may legally compel us.
– Some government intelligence agencies have the technical capacity to access data on our website, without the need for our consent, knowledge and cooperation. And even if we were aware of these accesses, we couldn’t let you know, because of national security laws. Please keep these risks in mind before providing any information to us or any other websites.
– Although we do not disclose any personally identifiable information, we may disclose associated data about website visitors to advertisers or other third-parties for marketing and promotions.
– From time to time, we may use third-party suppliers to provide services on the website. If a supplier has to collect your information, you will be notified. You will never be forced to give any information to a third-party against your will. We restrict the ways in which third-parties use your information to protect your privacy. They are not allowed to sell or provide your information to others.
– If this website is sold, we may transfer your information to buyer-owners after the sale is completed, so we will not keep your data in our possession.
We try to honor all notices sent by your browser when you visit the site. However, be sure to read the following important information about “Interest-Based Advertising”, “Remarketing” and “Dynamic Ads” so that you can understand what third-party vendors can do, and how you can opt for such tracking.
Our website may contain links from third-parties. This Policy does not cover third-party privacy policies. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility for those websites, their functions, or privacy policies. Please read the privacy policies of these third-party websites before submitting any information.
Content Generated by the user
You will be able to share your personal data with us when you submit and generate content on our website, include comments on the blog, help messages, etc.
Please be aware that any information you post on our website becomes public knowledge and will be accessible to all users of our website including visitors. We suggest that you be very careful when deciding to make your personal data public, or any other information on our website in any comment.
Any personal information published on our website will not be private or confidential. If you give us any review or comment, we can make this information public on our website.
International data transfer
Your information, including personal data we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored in, and processed by us outside the country where you reside, where data protection and privacy regulations may not have the same level of protection as in other countries.
We always try to take all measures, technical and administrative to protect all your data in the most secure way possible. Unfortunately, no system is 100% secure and can completely guarantee the security of your data.
If you think your data is no longer safe with us (for example, access to your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately and report your problem.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary and permitted by you so that you can use our website until you close your account or end your subscription, unless a longer period is necessary, or permitted by law.
What rights you have over your data
- Exit the list – You can contact us at any time to leave our list automatically.
- Access – You can access the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us.
- Change – You can also contact us to update or correct any personal information we have about you.
- Move – Your personal information can be transferred. You have the flexibility to move your data to another service if you wish.
- Delete -In some situations, for example when the information we have about you is no longer relevant, or is incorrect, you can ask us to delete your data. If you want to exercise any of these rights please contact us. Please make it clear in your order (i) what information you want; and (ii) which of the above rights you want to use.
For your protection, we will only be able to complete your requests, if they are made with the same email associated with your data, we will verify the identity before making any changes. We will fulfill your order as soon as possible, no more than 30 days. Please be aware that eventually we may have to save some information to keep it on record.
Alternatively, you can also opt out of using third-party cookies by going to the opt out page at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/
Our website can use dynamic ad features from Google, Facebook, Instagram, Bing etc … To opt for these ads, follow the instructions at www.support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922
If you use any of these sites without an opt-out, it means that you understand and agree to the collection of information for advertising based on your interests.
We will respond to your contact as soon as possible, within a maximum of 30 days. We hope to resolve any situation brought to you by us, in any case if we find that your complaint is not applicable, you are at your right to contact your local data protection authority.
If you do not agree with the changes, please contact us. Any changes made to this policy do not apply to information collected prior to the changes.
All of your personal information collected will be used to help make your visit to our website as productive and enjoyable as possible. The guarantee of the confidentiality of the personal data of the users of our website is important for Beechen Grove Baptist Church.
All personal information relating to members, subscribers, or visitors who use our Website will be treated in accordance with current legislation. The personal information collected may include your name, email, phone and / or cell phone number, residence, date of birth and / or others.
LAST UPDATE: 15th April, 2021